Queen of Blades update: August 28

Okay you guys. It’s really hard to hide my enthusiasm; yesterday was one of the most amazing, fantastic, wonderful days to happen since we’ve started on Kerrigan.

This week, we mostly focused on having the body mold ready to mold with; we filled in some holes, sanded it, and baked it out overnight to get rid of vapors.

Here’s our progress for the week!

We made a really long trip down to San Francisco to pick up some large 20 quart mixers for making the body suit, since it’s so large. Friday, we also worked on learning how to use foam latex, and I have to say, our first try came out beautiful. It’s not seamed yet, so still has some extra pieces hanging down, but you get the idea.

Looks like a Kerrigan foot to me!

Then Saturday, we had six friends over, who helped us pour and brush the foam latex, and also get the molds together very quickly before it set to the point that we couldn’t use it. It went so smoothly, we’re so happy to have such wonderful, helpful friends!

We baked this for nine hours and let it cool for an hour and a half. The detail picked up beautifully, I can’t wait to put it on! We haven’t taken it off the body core yet, because it’s still a bit damp and we want it to dry out first.

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Queen of Blades update: August 28

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s