Last week was insanely busy for me, between being home a day late from a trip to visit some friends due to airline issues, guests coming over, going to a book signing for George R. R. Martin, and a birthday party, so I didn’t get as much done as I had hoped. We’re still doing pretty darn good though in progress land.
Both foot molds are done… but neither of them are opened. Fingers crossed that these babies decide to open for us, apparently stone molds can be a pain. We’ll be hopefully opening them tonight.
We started finally working on the wings. This is a fiberglass back plate that will be going on my back under a corset. The corset will help support the wings and put all the weight onto my hips, in theory.
This is just one of the plates that are going to be attached to the fiberglass back plate. Mario worked on bending it with a map gas torch, and we should be attaching them this week.
We drew this a long time ago, but this is the scale we’re planning on for the wings. We want me to be able to move around with them, without them being too large to get up the stairs or down the ramp for the costume contest, or being too small to where they don’t make as much of an impact.
This is what the gloves looked like when I started working on them a few days ago. They’ll be finished today, and molded in fiberglass tomorrow.
Weird angle so they don’t look quite right, but here is one glove almost finished.
That’s it for the progress post for today, next week I hope to have a lot more progress done for you to read about!